Wakefield Canada is a privately owned, entrepreneurial company focused exclusively on servicing the Canadian Automotive, Commercial Heavy Duty and Industrial markets. With an employee base of over 200 people, Wakefield provides sales, marketing and distribution solutions to over 5000 customers in all segments, including retailers, warehouse distributors, automotive and heavy duty jobbers, franchised and independent installers, quick lubes, fleet companies, new car dealers and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM).
Wakefield was founded in June 2005 out of a strategic partnership with BP Lubricants to assume stewardship of the Castrol brand, and all customer facing operations, exclusively, in Canada. Wakefield's Brand portfolio includes Castrol as its cornerstone brand and business, along with SuperClean, a line of cleaners and degreasers, for which Wakefield is the exclusive trading partner in Canada.
With a large and experienced sales force, in-house team of marketing professionals, and a comprehensive, coast to coast, distribution network, Wakefield provides premium automotive brands, dedicated customer service and technical support, and industry leading marketing programs to help drive growth for both our customers and the brands we represent.
WAKEFIELD - GET ON THE ROAD!
To be the Best Lubricants Company in Canada.
We are actively looking for a Process Operator to join our Supply Chain team in our our Toronto Plant, on the afternoon shift.
Position Title: Process Operator
Department: Supply Chain – Manufacturing
Reporting Manager: Production Manager
The Process Operator effectively performs a variety of production tasks to address business requirements within production operations. This role also performs Quality Control tasks for both raw material receipt and finished product approval, and ensures all HSSE and production standards are met while performing assigned tasks.
In addition to core Packaging Operator tasks identified below, the Process Operator has been fully trained and is expected to perform tasks (outlined in detail in task SOP’s) below when required by the business:
- Plant Blending Operations Tasks (at least two of: In-Line Blend, Batch Blend, Bulk Load, Bulk Unload, Railcar Shunting)
- Safely operate all the equipment on the filling lines.
- Check and record fill weights.
- Ensure proper set up of data coding equipment.
- Run all packaging line equipment effectively.
- Responsible for the industrial and automotive filling of drums, pails kegs and all the totes.
- Responsible for hybrid tote filling including taking samples to the lab when required.
- Responsible for spill containment.
- Pick and process customer orders and stock transfers.
- Load and unload vehicles.
- Participate in warehouse control and inventory cycle counting.
- Periodic assignments helping or filling in for receiver.
- Participate in warehouse housekeeping.
- Maintain a safe work environment and attend safety and compliance seminars as required.
- Perform forklift inspection procedures.
- Liaise with shipping coordinators as required.
- Willingness to upgrade technical skills to meet the current and future needs of the organization.
- Maintain safety standards within area of responsibility.
- IM Impacting: The Toronto facility utilizes the BP Integrity Management (IM) Standard in which a clear set of procedures and policies are in place for high risk operations. This position shall follow standard IM procedures as required and has the following roles and responsibilities:
- Be aware of all Non-Normative Blend Plant Processes (NNBPP) specifically Hot Box, Safe handling, storage and use of Propane Cylinders.
- Job training on Specific normalized skills required to operate / maintain NNBPPs
- IM Awareness training (CoL skill level 1)
- Follow standard IM procedures as required
- Self-motivated, conscientious, and able to work well with others
- Ability to manage workloads in a busy work environment and be flexible to change (flow to the work)
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing abilities to meet time sensitive deadlines and fluctuating demands.
- Ability to anticipate problems and proactively resolve situations before they become larger scale issues.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate complex concepts or information.
- Detail oriented and displays high degree of accuracy.
- Professional attitude together with a drive to get things done through collaboration and team work.
- High aptitude for learning new concepts and staying current in an ever changing environment.
- Flexible and able to make independent decisions quickly.
- Strong collaboration and mentoring skills.
- Ability to understand business operations and demonstrate value through partnerships within the organization.
- Must be in good physical condition to adequately manage physical aspects of tasks
- Proficiency in MS Suite and applications required to perform role responsibilities
Direct Managerial / Supervisory Responsibility
Education / Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years work related experience.
- Lift truck experience with valid lift truck license or ability to obtain.
- Good reading comprehension, writing and mathematical skills.
- Required to successfully pass an aptitude test to demonstrate the required competency level and demonstrate continuing competency in the position.
- Must have, or be able to acquire, the skills required to successfully demonstrate basic PC skills (MS Suite and Axapta) and a proficiency in internet navigation.
- Plant environment with potential for outdoor work
- All required PPE must be worn while performing tasks
- Hours of work may vary according to operational needs such as production demands, fluctuating workloads, vacations and absences, etc.
- Training Period consistent with Article 10.06 of the Collective Agreement
Rate of Pay
- Process Operator (as per collective agreement)
Wakefield is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.