Finance Coordinator (8 month contract)
At Wakefield, the Finance Coordinator has an opportunity to work directly with the Finance Team to provide ‘floating’ assistance in a variety of areas such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, credit, and trade loan support. In a busy professional setting, candidates must work effectively with others, have strong communication skills, and prioritize tasks for efficient time management. This contract will provide an opportunity to develop communication, organizational and interpersonal skills while gaining real world experience with a best-in-class organization. This position would be ideal for a new graduate or a two term (paid) co-op placement.
- Assist the Financial Reporting group with month-end and quarter-end reporting responsibilities
- Prepare account reconciliations
- Process invoices.
- Assist with preparation of supporting schedules for audit purposes
- Perform general clerical duties and filing.
- Special projects and participation as required.
Education / Experience:
- Knowledge of Finance and Accounting concepts
- Self-starter with strong desire to see results.
- Team player.
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage varied, time sensitive workloads.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be flexible with a strong desire to learn and an ability to adapt to new challenges and procedures.
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Customer focused and dedicated to exceeding the expectations of internal and external clients.
- Enrollment in or recent graduate from a Business/Commerce/Accounting program at the College or University level
- Experience working in a consumer packaged goods and/or office environment would be an asset.
- Superior PC and Microsoft Suite skills.
- Duties of this position are performed in a normal office with exposure to manufacturing environments.
- Duties may require extended periods of sitting and sustained visual concentration on a computer monitor or on numbers and other detailed data
- Repetitive manual movements are frequently required (e.g. data entry, using a computer mouse, using a calculator, etc).
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications