|Territory Sales Manager - Vancouver North & BC Interior
Wakefield Canada Inc. is an industry leading Canadian company that manufactures, distributes, and markets category-leading products for the automotive, commercial heavy-duty, and industrial markets including Castrol, the #1 brand of passenger car motor oil in Canada, and the “Super Clean” cleaner-degreaser brand.
Wakefield Canada Inc. has an opportunity for a TERRITORY SALES MANAGER, VANCOUVER NORTH & BC INTERIOR. The TSM will maximize sustainable sales volume within a given profitability framework for their territory. This role will cultivate, develop, and maintain new and existing business through various channels while ensuring delivery of the business objectives.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive territory business plan including objectives and plans for the most important accounts.
- Cultivate, develop, and maintain new and existing business through various channels in their territory, taking into consideration volume, product mix and pre-determined targets, seeking out new opportunities through referrals and cold calling.
- Execute the organization’s sales process, including utilizing Wakefield’s CRM platform to record sales activity and gather account specific information.
- Build strong relationships with our customers and communicate and follow-up in a timely manner, ensuring that any customer inquiries or problems are addressed and resolved.
- Conduct training sessions as required and share product updates with customers, along with new programs or initiatives. Participate or attend any promotions, celebrations, or anniversaries the client hosts.
- Occasionally assist in the development and implementation of sales projects outside the sales territory.
- Maintain an awareness of market trends and opportunities that are aligned with the overall business objectives and goals of Wakefield.
- Represent Wakefield and the Castrol brand at Trade Shows as required.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is energetic, enthusiastic, motivated, and driven by results.
- Has strong planning and organization skills with a proven ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage varied, time sensitive workloads.
- Has captivating presentation and communication skills.
- Possesses the natural ability to keep people engaged.
- Can creatively solve problems with a mutually beneficial result for the client and Wakefield.
- Has good business sense and negotiation skills.
- Has superior product knowledge or the aptitude to learn about the products.
- Is always customer focused and dedicated to exceeding the expectations of internal and external clients.
Good to have:
- A degree in Business Administration specializing in Sales & Marketing.
- 2 years in a Field Sales role.
- Experience in selling consumer packaged goods.
- Experience using a CRM.
- Proven ability in territory sales including creative and fact-based selling, merchandising, administration, and experience selling to direct and indirect buying headquarter accounts.
Now the real important stuff… What’s in it for you?
- A full-time, permanent position with a very competitive total compensation package, commensurate with experience.
- Amazing group benefit coverage available to you on the first day on the job, with an additional $1000/year for mental wellness.
- 6% bi-weekly employer contribution to company pension plan.
- $400 annual fitness/wellness reimbursement for things like gym memberships, a personal trainer, weight loss programs, running clinics, golf lessons etc.
- Educational assistance in support of continued personal development.
- Vacation, floater and community days.
- FREE Castrol Oil.
- Working for a company that is an active contributor to charities including Canadian Tire Jump Start, Sick Kids Hospital, Daily Bread Food Bank and Women’s Habitat.
- A fun, exciting work environment that loves to celebrate our amazing team. We have BBQs, ticket giveaways for sporting events, Holiday parties and other celebrations, food and ice cream trucks, lunch and learns and much, much more.
At Wakefield Canada Inc., we are dedicated to inclusion and collaborative work. It’s important to us that we have a diverse team with a variety of skills and abilities from the top down. Everyone’s diversity inspires creativity and drives innovation in our organization. We are committed to building a team that is representative of different backgrounds and perspectives, and we encourage applications from all candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada.
Reasonable accommodations are available during the hiring process. If you require special assistance or accommodation, please contact Human Resources at 416.252.5511.