The Warehouse Specialist is responsible for processing customer orders and stock transfers as well as loading/unloading vehicles to ensure efficient turnaround times within the warehouse. In addition they will operate our Wakefield fleet of trucks and perform yard shunting and package delivery. When required by the business, they will also perform bulk deliveries.
- Pick and process customer orders and Wakefield stock transfers
- Load and unload different vehicles
- Periodic support for the Receiver function
- Fill and/or decant Totes in plant or warehouse
- Participate in warehouse control and inventory cycle counting
- Warehouse housekeeping as required
- Attend Safety and Compliance Seminars and constantly strive to maintain a safe working environment
- Perform the required fork lift inspection procedures.
- Liaise with shipping coordinators as required.
- Liaise with Warehouse and Distribution Team Leaders and organize packaged goods shipments using Wakefield fleets or outside carriers.
- Receive and follow direction from the Team Lead or Lead Hand as needed
- Support and promote the adherence to all Wakefield policies and procedures
- Special projects participation as required
- Must be self-motivated, conscientious, and able to work well with others
- Motivated to see projects through to completion
- Organized and able to effectively prioritize tasks at hand
- Ability to manage workloads in a busy work environment and be flexible to change (flow to the work)
- Must be in good physical condition to adequately manage physical aspects of tasks
- Ability to work independently and be self-driven without supervision
- Takes responsibility to “own the job” and demonstrates integrity in all aspects of the work
- Team player who demonstrates respect for others and is performance driven to achieve departmental goals and objectives
- Exceptional communication skills with a focus on customer service
- Familiarity and comprehension of all work instructions and standard operating procedures
- Ability to work overtime on a daily basis or as may be required to meet operational demands
Direct Managerial / Supervisory Responsibility:
Education / Experience:
- AZ or Class 1 License and a clear Driver abstract
- Lift truck experience with valid lift truck training, license and propane certification or the ability to obtain same
- Minimum Grade 12, or equivalent, required
- Good reading comprehension, writing and mathematical skills
- Required to successfully pass an aptitude test to demonstrate the required competency level and demonstrate continuing competency in the position
- Ability to maintain/acquire proficiency in relevant regulatory training and certifications as required by position such as, but not limited to, WHMIS, Canadian Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG)
- Must have, or be able to acquire, the skills required to successfully demonstrate basic PC skills and a proficiency in internet navigation
- Training in First Aid is an asset
- Warehouse environment.
- All required PPE must be worn while performing tasks
- Out of City travel and overnight stays during multiple day deliveries is a requirement
- Hours of work may vary according to operational needs such as production demands, fluctuating workloads, vacations and absences, etc.
Wakefield is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.