|Title:||Human Resources Manager|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Wakefield Canada Inc. is an industry leading Canadian company that manufactures, distributes and markets category-leading products for the automotive, commercial heavy-duty, and industrial markets including Castrol, the #1 brand of passenger car motor oil in Canada, and the “Super Clean” cleaner-degreaser brand.
Why Join Us?
- Platinum Member, Canada’s Best Managed Companies
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a focus on Innovation and Collaboration
- Competitive Base Pay and Incentive programs
- Company paid Comprehensive Extended Health and Dental Coverage
- Company Contributed Pension Plan
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Education and Training support
- Diverse and Inclusive Culture
- Employee Focused and Flexible Work Environment
- Active contributor to charities including Canadian Tire Jump Start, Sick Kids Hospital, Daily Bread Food Bank and Women’s Habitat.
- We work hard but we also like to have fun; Summer BBQs, food and ice cream trucks, social activities, contests, ticket giveaways for major sporting events and more!
What You Will Do:
- Build professional and effective business partnerships to provide HR support and guidance as required.
- Provide counsel on company policies, procedures and relevant legislation regulations. Develop and amend policies and processes as required.
- Development of workforce planning and identification of recruitment strategies and activities to ensure quality talent acquisition at all levels of the organization.
- Manage the full cycle recruitment process, including identifying role requirements, executing on recruitment strategies, and engaging and assessing candidates to ensure top talent selection.
- Create and implement action plans and strategies to support talent acquisition efforts.
- Provide performance management guidance and support in resolving employee relations issues.
- Provide support to managers in assessing development needs for individuals and teams.
- Manage delivery of various HR programs and initiatives.
- Collaborate and support on strategies and new programs to motivate, engage and retain talent.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management and employment law.
What We Need:
- Strong leadership skills. Previous people management experience preferred.
- Experience managing projects independently and efficiently collaborating with various teams.
- Results focused and able to manage well within a fast-paced environment.
- Highly organized individual who is adept at managing multiple priorities.
- Detail oriented with strong planning skills.
- Highly resourceful with strong initiative.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to build strong relationships.
- Sound judgement and ability to act with integrity, professionalism and confidentiality
- Minimum of five years progressive experience in a human resources generalist role, including talent acquisition.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Human Resources or related experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant employment legislation and Human Rights legislation.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite. Experience with WFN and LMS systems preferred.
Wakefield Canada strives to provide equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and, as such, we are committed to offering reasonable accommodation during the hiring process. If you require special assistance or accommodation, please contact Human Resources at 416.252.5511.