Wakefield Canada Inc. is an industry leading Canadian company that manufactures, distributes, and markets category-leading products for the automotive, commercial heavy-duty, and industrial markets including Castrol, the #1 brand of passenger car motor oil in Canada, and the “Super Clean” cleaner-degreaser brand.
Wakefield Canada Inc. has an opportunity for a MAINTENANCE ELECTRICIAN. This role is responsible for the timely setup and operation of all plant equipment and process control systems including troubleshooting, maintenance and the development of maintenance support strategies and schedules.
The most important Key Accountabilities in this role are:
- To diagnose and test electrical issues by reading diagrams, schematics, and blueprints.
- Inspect, install, repair, and replace wiring, and other electrical component systems.
- Ability to perform mechanical work and tasks as directed.
- Willingness to upgrade technical skills to meet the current and future needs of the organization. (e.g. Ontario Instrumentation Diploma)
Your day-to-day would include:
- Set-up, working knowledge, and operation of packaging lines.
- Effectively coordinate line changes and preventive maintenance with plant production personnel.
- Provide prompt support with packaging line downtimes.
- Perform scheduled maintenance tasks in a timely manner.
- Ensure HSSE compliance and maintain a clean and safe working environment.
On an ongoing basis, you will be:
- Providing developmental support for implementation of a CMMS and MRO process.
- Applying and ensure compliance with company policies, procedures, work instructions and safety regulations.
- Demonstrating knowledge of industrial standards such as TSSA and ESA.
- Following in-house SOP for operating and LOTO of equipment.
- Leading and participating independently or in teams, involving failure analysis activities related to equipment, instrumentation to process control.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Holds 442A Industrial Electrician certification.
- Can operate hand and power tools associated with electrical work and some mechanical work.
- Understands and has experience with instrumentation types (e.g., E&H level and flow technology, LC & Brooks meters), measurement methods and calibration technique.
- Can do mechanical troubleshooting and willingness to work mechanical tasks as instructed.
- Strives to learn new concepts and stay current in an ever-changing environment.
- Is flexible and able to make independent decisions quickly.
- Demonstrates strong collaboration and mentoring skills.
We would love it if you have:
- Sound knowledge of Allen Bradley and/or Siemens PLC, including but not limited to Fieldbus Foundation, Profibus, DeviceNet, LAN communications protocols for troubleshooting plant equipment such as VFD, Radar gauge and Servo motor equipment etc.
- Experience with electronic, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment.
- Able to lift, carry, push, and pull 50lbs.
- Able to bend, squat, reach and kneel.
- Able to climb 50-ft captain ladder and work from heights.
- Able to operate forklifts and aerial lifts.
- Calculate basic mathematical problems.
Now the real important stuff… What’s in it for you?
- A full-time, permanent position with a very competitive total compensation package, commensurate with experience.
- Amazing group benefit coverage available to you on the first day on the job, with an additional $1000/year for mental wellness.
- 6% bi-weekly employer contribution to company pension plan.
- $400 annual fitness/wellness reimbursement for things like gym memberships, a personal trainer, weight loss programs, running clinics, golf lessons etc.
- FREE motor oil and an annual oil change.
- Vacation, floater and community days.
- Working for a company that is an active contributor to charities including Canadian Tire Jump Start, Sick Kids Hospital, Daily Bread Food Bank and Women’s Habitat.
- A fun, exciting work environment that loves to celebrate our amazing team. We have BBQs, ticket giveaways for sporting events, Holiday parties and other celebrations, food and ice cream trucks, lunch and learns and much, much more.
At Wakefield Canada Inc., we are dedicated to inclusion and collaborative work. It’s important to us that we have a diverse team with a variety of skills and abilities from the top down. Everyone’s diversity inspires creativity and drives innovation in our organization. We are committed to building a team that is representative of different backgrounds and perspectives, and we encourage applications from all candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada.
Reasonable accommodations are available during the hiring process. If you require special assistance or accommodation, please contact Human Resources at 416.252.5511.