|Title:||Territory Sales Manager|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Wakefield Canada Inc. is an industry leading Canadian company that manufactures, distributes and markets category-leading products for the automotive, commercial heavy-duty, and industrial markets including Castrol, the #1 brand of passenger car motor oil in Canada, and the “Super Clean” cleaner-degreaser brand.
Why Join Us?
- Platinum Member, Canada’s Best Managed Companies
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a focus on Innovation and Collaboration
- Competitive Base Pay and Incentive programs
- Company paid Comprehensive Extended Health and Dental Coverage
- Company Contributed Pension Plan
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Education and Training support
- Diverse and Inclusive Culture
- Employee Focused and Flexible Work Environment
- Active contributor to charities including Canadian Tire Jump Start, Sick Kids Hospital, Daily Bread Food Bank and Women’s Habitat.
- We work hard but we also like to have fun; Summer BBQs, food and ice cream trucks, social activities, contests, ticket giveaways for major sporting events and more!
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, the Territory Sales Manager will maximize sustainable sales volume within a given profitability framework for their territory (Central Alberta). This role will cultivate, develop, and maintain new and existing business through various channels while ensuring delivery of the business objectives. The Territory Sales Manager is also focused on building lasting relationships with internal and external clients while representing Wakefield in a professional manner.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive territory business plan including objectives and plans for the most important accounts.
- Cultivate, develop and maintain new and existing business through various channels in their territory, taking into consideration volume, product mix and pre-determined targets, seeking out new opportunities through referrals and cold calling.
- Execute the organization’s sales process, including utilizing Wakefield’s CRM platform to record sales activity and gather account specific information.
- Build strong relationships with our customers and communicate and follow-up in a timely manner, ensuring that any customer inquiries or problems are addressed and resolved. Conduct training sessions as required and share product updates with customers, along with new programs or initiatives. Participate or attend any promotions, celebrations, or anniversaries the client hosts
- Occasionally assist in the development and implementation of sales projects outside the sales territory.
- Maintain an awareness of market trends and opportunities that are aligned with the overall business objectives and goals of Wakefield.
- Represent Wakefield and the Castrol brand at Trade Shows as required.
- Attend all product knowledge training sessions.
- Special projects and participation as required.
What We Need:
- Self-starter and eager to succeed.
- Entrepreneurial and able to work independently.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, motivated, and driven by results.
- Strong planning and organization skills with a proven ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage varied, time sensitive workloads.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to creatively solve problems with a mutually beneficial result for the client and Wakefield.
- Good business sense and negotiation skills
- Superior product knowledge or the aptitude to learn about the products.
- Customer focused and dedicated to exceeding the expectations of internal and external clients.
Education / Experience:
- College or University degree in Business Administration with a specialization in Sales, Marketing, or a related field is an asset.
- Minimum 2 years in a similar Field Sales role.
- Proven ability in territory sales management including creative and fact-based selling, merchandising, administration, and experience selling to direct and indirect buying headquarter accounts.
- Experience in selling consumer packaged goods an asset.
- Excellent Microsoft Suite experience.
- Experience using a CRM system.
Wakefield Canada strives to provide equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and, as such, we are committed to offering reasonable accommodation during the hiring process. If you require special assistance or accommodation, please contact Human Resources at 416.252.5511.