Wakefield Canada Inc. is an industry leading Canadian company that manufactures, distributes, and markets category-leading products for the automotive, commercial heavy-duty, and industrial markets including Castrol, the #1 brand of passenger car motor oil in Canada, and the “Super Clean” cleaner-degreaser brand.
Wakefield Canada Inc. has an opportunity for a PROCESS OPERATOR
In this role, you will:
- Safely operate all the equipment on the filling lines
- Follow SOP and best practices with all Blending & Bulk railcar/tanker activities.
- Close off Work Orders accurately and timely in Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Check and record fill weights
- Ensure proper set up of data coding equipment
- Run all packaging line equipment effectively
- Follow Flush SOP and Matrix
- Enter accurate and timely data in the process monitor
- Encompass Quality Control culture (Packaging and Filling line QC testing, Inbound Raw Materials testing, Viscosity testing, Cold Crank Simulator testing, Crackle testing, XRF)
- Safe operation of Fork lifts (Electric and Propane counter Balance, and Reach trucks)
- Assuring best fork lift operating practices are followed (Pre-shift fork lift inspections; Proper propane handling; Dock lock safety, Reports damages to truck, racking or other equipment)
- Responsible for the industrial and automotive filling of drums, pails kegs and all the totes
- Responsible for hybrid tote filling including taking samples to the lab when required
- Responsible for spill containment and spill clean up
- Pick and process customer orders and stock transfers
- Participate in plant & warehouse control and inventory cycle counting
- Ship & Receive (Receives all inbound materials including QC testing; Ships outbound materials; Performs & Documents Quality control testing, Enters all data into AX receiving)
- Decant leaking/obsolete product & rework of product
- Inspect Bottles & labels on packaging lines
- Bottle packing and bottle dumping
- Label pails, kegs, drums, totes
- Participate in plant and warehouse housekeeping
- Liaise with shipping coordinators/planners as required
- Willingness to upgrade technical skills to meet the current and future needs of the organization
- Maintain safety standards within area of responsibility
- Maintain a safe work environment; attend safety and regulatory compliance seminars/training
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a minimum of 2 years work related experience
- Has previous WHMIS training or experience
- Possesses Lock Out – Tag Out training
- Has lift truck experience with valid truck license or ability to obtain
- Is self-motivated, conscientious, and able to work well with others
- Can manage workloads in a busy work environment and be flexible to change (flow to the work)
- Has strong multi-tasking and prioritizing abilities to meet time sensitive deadlines and fluctuating demands
- Can anticipate problems and proactively resolve situations before they become larger scale issues
- Demonstrates superior written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate complex concepts or information
- Detail oriented and displays high degree of accuracy
- Professional attitude together with a drive to get things done through collaboration and team work.
- High aptitude for learning new concepts and staying current in an ever changing environment.
- Flexible and able to make independent decisions quickly.
- Strong collaboration and mentoring skills
- Ability to understand business operations and demonstrate value through partnerships within the organization
- Must be in good physical condition to adequately manage physical aspects of tasks
- Proficiency in MS Suite, MS Outlook, MS Dynamics AX and applications required to perform role responsibilities
Conditions to consider:
- Unionized role
- Hours of work may vary according to operational needs such as production demands, fluctuating workloads, vacations, and absences, etc.
- Plant and Warehouse environment with periodic outdoor work.
- Required to comfortably lift up to 50lbs.
Now the real important stuff… What’s in it for you?
- A full-time, permanent position with a very competitive total compensation package, commensurate with experience.
- Amazing group benefit coverage available to you on the first day on the job, with an additional $1000/year for mental wellness.
- 6% bi-weekly employer contribution to company pension plan.
- $400 annual fitness/wellness reimbursement for things like gym memberships, a personal trainer, weight loss programs, running clinics, golf lessons etc.
- Educational assistance in support of continued personal development.
- Vacation, floater and community days.
- FREE Castrol Oil and an annual oil change.
- Working for a company that is an active contributor to charities including Canadian Tire Jump Start, Sick Kids Hospital, Daily Bread Food Bank and Women’s Habitat.
- A fun, exciting work environment that loves to celebrate our amazing team. We have BBQs, ticket giveaways for sporting events, Holiday parties and other celebrations, food and ice cream trucks, lunch and learns and much, much more.
At Wakefield Canada Inc., we are dedicated to inclusion and collaborative work. It’s important to us that we have a diverse team with a variety of skills and abilities from the top down. Everyone’s diversity inspires creativity and drives innovation in our organization. We are committed to building a team that is representative of different backgrounds and perspectives, and we encourage applications from all candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada.
Reasonable accommodations are available during the hiring process. If you require special assistance or accommodation, please contact Human Resources at 416.252.5511.