|Title:||Senior Financial Analyst|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Wakefield Canada Inc. is an industry leading Canadian company that manufactures, distributes and markets category-leading products for the automotive, commercial heavy-duty, and industrial markets including Castrol, the #1 brand of passenger car motor oil in Canada, and the “Super Clean” cleaner-degreaser brand.
Why Join Us?
- Platinum Member, Canada’s Best Managed Companies
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a focus on Innovation and Collaboration
- Competitive Pay package
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Training and Development support
- Diverse and Inclusive Culture
- Employee Focused and Flexible Work Environment
- Active contributor to charities including Canadian Tire Jump Start, Sick Kids Hospital, Daily Bread Food Bank and Women’s Habitat.
- We work hard but we also like to have fun; Summer BBQs, food and ice cream trucks, social activities, contests, ticket giveaways for major sporting events and more!
We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our Financial Planning & Analysis team. You will be responsible for understanding and planning for performance trends and metrics, and you will work in providing in depth analysis and commentary to support informed decision making by key stakeholders.
What You Will Do:
- Provide financial analytical support for business cases (RFP, line reviews, etc.), opportunities and special projects, and develop frameworks for the various business cases that are required.
- Assist with analyzing the impact of raw material cost changes on the business and track price increase impacts.
- Provide financial analysis support to various parts of the business to help identify cost savings, efficiency opportunities, or other drivers of additional profitability.
- Support the corporate budgeting and forecasting processes. Develop budgeting/forecasting templates and communicate with various cross functional leaders.
- Consolidate budgeting and forecasting information into summary and detailed reports and provide commentary for review. Assist with the preparation of the budgeting/forecasting summary deck and update the balance sheet.
- Responsible for delivery of high quality standardized reporting.
- Support the production of Monthly Reporting Packages. Analyze information and identify specific gaps and opportunities in business and financial performance versus plan achievement, from volume to expense and by division.
What We Need:
- University degree required. CPA designation preferred.
- Previous financial planning and analysis experience required with a minimum of 5 years’ analytical experience in a corporate Finance team.
- Experience in manufacturing, retail or wholesale business settings required.
- Advanced Excel skills essential. VBA and MS SQL an asset. Knowledge of PowerPoint preferred.
- Strong business acumen with exceptional analytical skills.
- Results focused and self-motivated individual with ability to operate well independently.
- Logical thinker, with an ability to break down complex issues into component parts. Demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Strong communication skills, with exceptional time management and organizational skills.
Wakefield Canada strives to provide equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and, as such, we are committed to offering reasonable accommodation during the hiring process.