|Job Type:||Full Time|
Wakefield Canada Inc. is an industry leading Canadian company that manufactures, distributes and markets category-leading products for the automotive, commercial heavy-duty, and industrial markets including Castrol, the #1 brand of passenger car motor oil in Canada, and the “Super Clean” cleaner-degreaser brand.
Why Join Us?
- Platinum Member, Canada’s Best Managed Companies
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a focus on Innovation and Collaboration
- Competitive Base Pay and Incentive programs
- Company paid Comprehensive Extended Health and Dental Coverage
- Company Contributed Pension Plan
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Education and Training support
- Diverse and Inclusive Culture
- Employee Focused and Flexible Work Environment
- Active contributor to charities including Canadian Tire Jump Start, Sick Kids Hospital, Daily Bread Food Bank and Women’s Habitat.
- We work hard but we also like to have fun; Summer BBQs, food and ice cream trucks, social activities, contests, ticket giveaways for major sporting events and more!
The Process Operator effectively performs a variety of production tasks to address business requirements within production operations. This role also performs Quality Control tasks for both raw material receipt and finished product approval. As a Process Operator your first priority is to perform all activities safely and assure all HSSE & SOP (standard operating procedures) are followed at all times. The Process operator will be required to maintain current knowledge and skill sets; and be willing to upgrade technical skills to meet the current and future needs of the organization.
In addition to core Packaging Operator tasks identified below, the Process Operator has been fully trained and is expected to perform tasks (outlined in detail in task SOP’s) below when required by the business:
Plant Blending Operations Tasks (at least two of: In-Line Blend, Batch Blend, Bulk Load, Bulk Unload, Railcar Shunting)
What You Will Do:
- Safely operate all the equipment on the filling lines
- Close off Work Orders accurately and timely in Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Check and record fill weights
- Ensure proper set up of data coding equipment
- Run all packaging line equipment effectively
- Follow Flush SOP and Matrix
- Enter accurate and timely data in the process monitor
- Encompass Quality Control culture (Packaging and Filling line QC testing, Inbound Raw Materials testing, Viscosity testing, Cold Crank Simulator testing, Crackle testing, XRF)
- Safe operation of Fork lifts (Electric and Propane counter Balance, and Reach trucks)
- Assuring best fork lift operating practices are followed (Pre-shift fork lift inspections; Proper propane handling; Dock lock safety, Reports damages to truck, racking or other equipment)
- Responsible for the industrial and automotive filling of drums, pails kegs and all the totes
- Responsible for hybrid tote filling including taking samples to the lab when required
- Responsible for spill containment and spill clean up
- Pick and process customer orders and stock transfers
- Participate in plant & warehouse control and inventory cycle counting
- Ship & Receive (Receives all inbound materials including QC testing; Ships outbound materials; Performs & Documents Quality control testing, Enters all data into AX receiving)
- Decant leaking/obsolete product & rework of product
- Inspect Bottles & labels on packaging lines
- Bottle packing and bottle dumping
- Label pails, kegs, drums, totes
- Participate in plant and warehouse housekeeping
- Liaise with shipping coordinators/planners as required.
- Willingness to upgrade technical skills to meet the current and future needs of the organization.
- Maintain safety standards within area of responsibility.
- Maintain a safe work environment; attend safety and regulatory compliance seminars/training
What We Need:
- Self-motivated, conscientious, and able to work well with others
- Ability to manage workloads in a busy work environment and be flexible to change (flow to the work)
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing abilities to meet time sensitive deadlines and fluctuating demands
- Ability to anticipate problems and proactively resolve situations before they become larger scale issues.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate complex concepts or information.
- Detail oriented and displays high degree of accuracy
- Professional attitude together with a drive to get things done through collaboration and team work.
- High aptitude for learning new concepts and staying current in an ever changing environment.
- Flexible and able to make independent decisions quickly.
- Strong collaboration and mentoring skills
- Ability to understand business operations and demonstrate value through partnerships within the organization
- Must be in good physical condition to adequately manage physical aspects of tasks
- Proficiency in MS Suite, MS Outlook, MS Dynamics AX and applications required to perform role responsibilities
- Minimum of 2 years work related experience
- Previous WHMIS training and or experience
- Lock Out – Tag Out training
- Lift truck experience with valid lift truck license or ability to obtain.
- Good reading comprehension, writing and mathematical skills.
- Required to successfully pass an aptitude test to demonstrate the required competency level and demonstrate continuing competency in the position.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint), MS Outlook
Wakefield Canada strives to provide equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and, as such, we are committed to offering reasonable accommodation during the hiring process. If you require special assistance or accommodation, please contact Human Resources at 416.252.5511.