In 2020, Wakefield will celebrate its 15th anniversary as the exclusive Canadian marketer of Castrol lubricants. With coast-to-coast distribution and warehousing, and a large dedicated sales force, Wakefield provides exceptional service and innovative solutions to more than 5,000 customers in all segments, including retailers, warehouse distributors, automotive and heavy-duty jobbers, franchised and independent installers, quick lubes, fleet companies, new car dealers and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM).
Wakefield Canada Inc. is recognized as a Platinum Member with Canada’s Best Managed Companies program. This accomplishment puts Wakefield amongst the best-in-class of Canadian owned and managed companies, demonstrating clear strategy and vision, capability, and commitment to talent.
The Category Advisor is responsible for providing insights and recommendations to key customers in order to deliver category plans with the goal of optimizing customer performance. The incumbent will work collaboratively with key customers and internal stakeholders to deliver category objectives through use of consumer insights, data analysis, market analysis, assortment planning, and monitoring progress to business plans.
- Access, manipulate, and analyze syndicated, customer, and market data to identify trends and opportunities, and build fact-based category assessments for the purpose of creating Category Management projects and plans.
- Conduct market research to gather competitive intelligence for analysis and assessment of category trends
- Provide monthly tracking reports that identify opportunities for sales growth along with recommendations to improve category performance versus target market research and gathers competitive intelligence for analysis of the competitive position, product quality, and vehicle coverageConducts market research and gathers competitive intelligence for analysis of the competitive position, product quality, and vehicle coverage Conducts market research and gathers competitive intelligence for analysis of the competitive position, product quality, and vehicle coverage Conducts market research and gathers competitive intelligence for analysis of the competitive position, product quality, and vehicle coverage
- Act in an advisory capacity within the assigned specialty area (Lubricant Category) as an internal expert and resource.
- Interact effectively with accounts, providing an appropriate level of support, and maximizing the potential return on investment from Category Management in each account.
- Work with functional teams and assist in the development and implementations of new channels and customer opportunities.
- Form partnerships and effective collaborative relationships with key customer and internal stakeholders and draw business conclusions for implementation.
- Articulate brand, sales, customer strategies and identify and discuss trends with internal and external clients.
- Assist in the process of disseminating appropriate information and insight in a timely manner for the customer.
- Special projects and participate as required.
- Highly analytical with a strong drive to deepen understanding of key trends and drivers
- In-depth knowledge of retail customers as well as buying dynamics and motivations of their shoppers
- Strong presentation, written, and oral communication skills required for interaction with internal and external clients.
- Strong financial acumen
- Conceptual and strategic thinker with the ability to implement a plan of action.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others and creatively solve problems.
- Self-starter with proven ability to multi-task, and prioritize multiple, time-sensitive demands.
- Demonstrates integrity and uses discretion while collaborating with internal and external clients.
- Customer-focused and dedicated to exceeding the expectations of internal and external clients.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of experience in a category management role, or 2 years of industry-specific experience in Marketing, Sales, or Brand management.
- Experience in consumer package goods or automotive & commercial lubricants industry an asset.
- Proven account management skills including planning, execution, communication, and administration.
- Knowledge of retailer data sources such as Retail Link and/or Space Planning Software.
- Excellent Microsoft Suite experience. Power BI tool experience is an asset.